Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cookie is sick - K9 cough

The-Lady-Owner has to say...

Cookie is sick again. He has been coughing since last Saturday night.

I wonder if pampered dog always sick. I wonder if I have over pampered him. I gave him the best quality food (raw) to eat, the most comfortable place to sleep, the best & expensive shampoo (Paul Michael) to clean and my full attention.

Yet, he always get sick.
The last time he sick he puked out his stomach content and continued to puke yellowish bile. This time he cough out white color bile and coughing.

I search in the internet what was wrong with Cookie. With the coughing symptoms, Cookie has caught K9 cough or Kennel cough. It is a type of sickness which can be contagious. The dog who recently get contact with an infected dog will pick up the virus as the virus is airborne. I guess Cookie has picked up the virus from the last Jungle Trekking.

Usually the infected dog will recover in 7 to 12 days by himself without any treatment. However, sometimes it might be caused by other reason. Therefore, I think I should bring Cookie to the vet later after work. Am deciding which vet to bring him to, should I go to the vet he always been or to the vet recommended by an experience dog lover?

No comments: